Civil Litigation, Negligence, and Tort LiabilityOur negligence and tort liability attorneys defend insurance companies, self-insureds, policyholders and professionals against claims emanating from injuries, death, property damage, alleged civil rights violations and alleged professional malpractice. We also represent policyholders in coverage disputes with insurance companies, and we handle bad faith and Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA)/Insurance Code suits.
Each of the attorneys on our negligence and tort liability team has extensive litigation and alternative dispute resolution experience. The team includes a CPA, an attorney who is certified in both personal injury trial law and civil trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, and attorneys who have served as legal counsel for many public and private companies. They handle product, premises, auto, general and professional liability claims.
We partner with adjusters, risk managers and in-house counsel to craft cost-effective, strategic plans to resolve suits in a timely manner. Following internal procedures that are already in place, we oversee internal investigations, conduct discovery, comply with all required reporting procedures, identify expert witnesses and prepare for trial. We believe in evaluating cases at an early point to determine if settlement is the preferred option. Those that should not or cannot be settled are vigorously prepared for trial.
We will be your strategic partner and guide for timely resolution. Our team will prepare your case for success in every possible method of resolution. We will strive to resolve a claim through arbitration, mediation or negotiation, but when litigation is necessary, we will be ready to aggressively pursue your desired outcome. With offices in Dallas and Houston, we can handle cases anywhere in the United States. We are approved counsel for many insurance carriers as well as self-insured clients.
Our defense of liability claims in Texas includes representing:
- Accountants and accounting firms involving allegations of negligence, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and other violations
- Amusement parks, pro sport venues, gymnastic centers and other sporting and entertainment facilities (e.g., roller skating rinks)
- Architects, engineers and other design professionals
- Attorneys against professional liability claims
- Clients in nonsubscriber litigation
- Construction professionals
- Drivers sued in motor vehicle accident cases
- Government entities, their agents and public officials
- The hospitality industry in breach of security, false imprisonment and assault suits
- Medical and mental health professionals
- Police officers and firefighters
- Social service providers
- Teachers and school administrators
- Water conservation entities